Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe

Default Transferring data from MS Access to MS Excel

Hi,

I have a very big Access database that I am trying to copy onto MS
Excel for analysis. However, when I try to export this data using the
"Analyze using Excel" function, or by copying all fields and pasting it
onto Excel, I find that some of the longer text entries (eg: Claim
details) get truncated.

Interestingly, if I go INTO that particular cell entry, select the text
in the cell, copy and paste it into an Excel cell, it does not get
truncated at all.

Can someone please help me with this? I would like to know:
1. Why this is happening
2. A possible way in which I can move all the data into Excel

I tried the "export" function, but this data is read-only, so that
function doesnt work.

Thanks in advance,

Joe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jerredjohnson

try the 'new database query...' in excel under data- import external
data
you can choose access as the data source

--
jerredjohnson
jerredjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32236

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe

Tried that, but this database that I'm trying to import is not in my
local or share drives. It is in some network that I have limited access
to. Are there any other ways to tackle this problem?

And any idea why selecting text from the field (rather than from inside
each cell) should have a character limit in it? Is there anywhere (in
Access or in Excel) that I can change this limit?

Thanks,

Joe.