Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JohnGuts

Default Conditional Formatting

I have added conditional formatting to several cells. The condition is
if A2=A1 then make text in A2 white (not visable). The problem I am
having is I have 10,000 cells that check to see if they are the same
number as the one above it and the user does block copy and paste of
several 1,000's of numbers at a time. When they do the block copy and
paste into my conditionally formatted cells, my conditinoal formatting
is overwritten.

Is there anyway to allow the user to paste numbers into the cells and
still maintain the conditional formatting that I want?

Thanks for any help.

John

--
JohnGuts
JohnGuts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30174

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mrice

Have you tried Paste Special - values?

--
mrice

Reserach Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535334

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JohnGuts

You nailed it! It works GREAT! Thanks for the help!

John