Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
My2Boyz9802

Default Can someone help with this complex formula?

I’m building a general ledger. I’m about 80% complete and need to now
move into the final 2 pages (1. YTD Budget Summary which will pull from
the 2. roll-up page).

I built the following formula;

=SUMIF('AP-24X7'!$P:$P,"="&(TEXT(C$5,"mmm-yy")),'SP-24X7'!$L:$L)

It seemed to work at first, but I quickly realized that it was not
pulling information exclusive to both the date and to mthe object code.
It would put the amounts that were exclusive to only the date in all
the corresponding month columns across all of the object codes whether
it was exclusive to that object code or not.

What I'm trying to do is;
Build a general ledger with multiple tabs that refer to 14 different
cost centers. Each of the cost centers spend from 63 different "Object
Codes" for Example 56200. I need to pull together into a roll-up page
the summary of all expenses on a monthly basis spent in each object
code, by each of the cost centers (A Net Roll-Up).

So ultimately I need to construct a formula that will go to all 14
worksheets look for exclusive data that refers to the date and also the
object code (ie. 56200), and return the data back to my designated
roll-up page.

Can someone assist me?

Thank you in advance!

--
My2Boyz9802
My2Boyz9802's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33704

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

See previous post.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"My2Boyz9802"
wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
My2Boyz9802

Sorry about not including that in my new thread. I just figured I had
royally confused everyone, and needed to start from scratch.

I tried your formula, it didn't work...I tried to finagle it that
didn't work either, so ultimately I was looking for another angle.

Do you think I need to build a pivot table? If yes, I have no clue on
how to do that. I've been working with Excel for well over 10 years
and this task makes me feel as though I've never looked at this program
a day in my life??

--
My2Boyz9802
My2Boyz9802's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33704
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534954

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Maybe, but you will need to create a helper column to get the date part that
you are seeking.

Pivot tables - See http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html
and http://www.peltierteh.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"My2Boyz9802"
wrote in message

Sorry about not including that in my new thread. I just figured I had
royally confused everyone, and needed to start from scratch.

I tried your formula, it didn't work...I tried to finagle it that
didn't work either, so ultimately I was looking for another angle.

Do you think I need to build a pivot table? If yes, I have no clue on
how to do that. I've been working with Excel for well over 10 years
and this task makes me feel as though I've never looked at this program
a day in my life??

--
My2Boyz9802
My2Boyz9802's Profile: