Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AJ

Default How would i setup a breakdown method for my business?

I have a business,that needs me to seperate cash according to denominations.I
use excel for wage slips,eg. if i pay R330-00 to an employee,below all the
slips it must show that i need 1xR200-00 note; 1xR100-00 note; 1xR20-00 note
& 1xR10-00 note.I had this formula before,but an employee deleted it.

Please can you help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DOR

Assume your wage amount is in B10.

Place your currency denominations in A12 through A15, in descending
sequence. That is, the 200 at the top and the 10 at the bottom.

In B12 enter =INT(B$10/$A12)
In B13 enter =INT((B$10-SUMPRODUCT($A$12:$A12,B$12:B12))/$A13)

Drag the B13 formula down as far as your lowest currency denomination,
in your case this will be to B15.

This method should work for any number of currency denominations (in
column A), and if you put other wage amounts in row 10, cells C10, D10,
E10, etc. and drag the formulas in column B across, you will get the
breakdowns for the wage amounts in those columns.

HTH

DOR

AJ wrote:
I have a business,that needs me to seperate cash according to denominations.I
use excel for wage slips,eg. if i pay R330-00 to an employee,below all the
slips it must show that i need 1xR200-00 note; 1xR100-00 note; 1xR20-00 note
& 1xR10-00 note.I had this formula before,but an employee deleted it.

Please can you help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 05:30:01 -0700, AJ
wrote:

I have a business,that needs me to seperate cash according to denominations.I
use excel for wage slips,eg. if i pay R330-00 to an employee,below all the
slips it must show that i need 1xR200-00 note; 1xR100-00 note; 1xR20-00 note
& 1xR10-00 note.I had this formula before,but an employee deleted it.

Please can you help me.

See this similar thread back in March

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ad173573a1dbfb

Note the last point that the final (smallest denomination) coin needs
a slightly altered formula to take account of rounding

HTH.
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK