Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
webstju

Default IF statement problem

doing a spreadsheet in which I have an IF statement that compares two
numbers.. for example C11=1500 while E77=e76(2058)-c77(558) which
equals 1500 as well but when I make an IF statement that looks like
=IF(E77C11,"A","B") I keep getting a result of an A when 1500 is
obviously not greater than 1500.. when I manually put "1500" in cell
e77 the IF statement works correctly.. does it have to do with having a
function in Cell E77?

--
webstju
webstju's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33703

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PAR

There is nothing wrong with the if statement. check the formula you used in
cell E77. Also check the format of the cells in E76 and C77

"webstju" wrote:

doing a spreadsheet in which I have an IF statement that compares two
numbers.. for example C11=1500 while E77=e76(2058)-c77(558) which
equals 1500 as well but when I make an IF statement that looks like
=IF(E77C11,"A","B") I keep getting a result of an A when 1500 is
obviously not greater than 1500.. when I manually put "1500" in cell
e77 the IF statement works correctly.. does it have to do with having a
function in Cell E77?

--
webstju
webstju's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33703
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Try
=IF(ROUND(E77,0)C11,"A","B")

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"webstju" wrote in
message ...

doing a spreadsheet in which I have an IF statement that compares two
numbers.. for example C11=1500 while E77=e76(2058)-c77(558) which
equals 1500 as well but when I make an IF statement that looks like
=IF(E77C11,"A","B") I keep getting a result of an A when 1500 is
obviously not greater than 1500.. when I manually put "1500" in cell
e77 the IF statement works correctly.. does it have to do with having a
function in Cell E77?

--
webstju
webstju's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sanskar

Hi!

Your formula is absolutely correct. If you have typed the data while
posting this query try copy pasting your own formula as it works
correctly.

sam

--
sanskar