BigPig

Default Search problems

I created a search for a database with outstanding help from Debra Dalgleish.
The spreadsheet lists 'Function Codes' and their 'Descriptions'. I created a
search that searched through the descriptions to find the appropriate
function code.

Many of the description fields are in excess of 255 characters, so I think
that is why my search doesn't work correctly.

For example, cell b3 is the cell that I type in any number of letters with
*s at each end, and c3 has a drop down list of all the available fields that
match what I typed in. Below that are fields that are automatically filled in
dependent on what is selected from the drop down in cell c3 using index and
match.

When I select a description that is in excess of 255 characters, NA is
displayed in the fields that have the worksheet functions index and match.

1. How do I fix this so that the all of my fields get filled in?

2. Also, do I always have to use wildcard keys, or is there a way around it?

Help please.

Thanks in advance!