Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Union70

Default Combine Cells

Greetings,

How do I combine A1, A2 and A3 to look like this: 3:15:56? Does it
matter that the data is in Sheet1 and the final product is in Sheet2?
Any help is welcomed.

Sheet 1
Cell Value
A1 03
A2 15
A3 56

Sheet 2
Cell Value
A1 3:15:56

Thanks,
Union

--
Union70
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Union,

This looks like a time value format that you want so in Sheet!2A1

=(Sheet1!A1&":"&Sheet1!A2&":"&Sheet1!A3)*1

This returns 0.136064815. Just format the cell as h:mm:ss to achieve
the desired look of 3:15:56. This will enable you to use the number in
calculations. If it is ok to be in text then this will be ok with
General formatting.

=Sheet1!A1&":"&Sheet1!A2&":"&Sheet1!A3

Does that help?

Steve