Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tamiluchi

Default number rounding

can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Use the ROUND() function:

=ROUND(A1,0)

will yield 1 if A1 contains 1.1
will yield 2 if A1 contains 1.9
--
Gary's Student

can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tamiluchi

I'm doing this for a whole column. Each cell in this column contains an
average for the sum of 2 rows. I want to round the average up if .5 or
greater, down if less than .5. I can't make it work. I have ROUND(.5,1), but
it rounds all the decimals up, even those less than .5

can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Use

=ROUND(A2,0)

assuming A2 has the average formula.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tamiluchi" wrote:

can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tamiluchi

Oh, darn! That works wonderfully except that it rounds up greater than .5 ...
I need it to round up at .5

"tamiluchi" wrote:

can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

No it rounds .5 up. Your value is probably less than .5 but formatted to 1
decimal place so it looks like .5

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"tamiluchi" wrote:

can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:20:02 -0700, tamiluchi
wrote:

can i set rounding conditionally? up from .5, down if below?

=ROUND(A1,0)

--ron