Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hopeless in excel

Default Countif time is between two nominated times

I have a list of clients and the time they were seen. I need to count how
many clients where seen between set time eg how many were seen between
12:00:00am adn 04:00:00am

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

I assume you mean between 12 (midday) and 4 (pm):

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$20=(12/24)),--($A$1:$A$20<=(16/24)))

If you mean between 12 (midnight) and 4 (am) ! then

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$20<=(4/24)))

HTH

"hopeless in excel" wrote:

I have a list of clients and the time they were seen. I need to count how
many clients where seen between set time eg how many were seen between
12:00:00am adn 04:00:00am

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hopeless in excel

Thanks for your guidance Toppers, it seems to have worked. As I need to now
calculate the number of clients that come with each 4 hr block over 24 hour
period that is how many between 12mn -4am, 4am -8am, 8am-12md, 12md-4pm,
4pm-8pm and 8pm-12mn. Can I just substitute the times into the formula?

I did try it and it seemed to miss a couple in each time slot