Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kelco

Default LIST DATES IN MONTH ORDER

I have a list of dates etc and want to sort the list to show Month/Day - the
year is irrelevant for sorting purposes but still has to be shown in the
final document. When I look into cells some have the date as 07/09/1999 and
others as July 9, 1999 ( they have been prepared on both Excel Millenium and
also Excell 2003)

How can I achieve a printed list showing month/day/year please?

(And then how do I prepare a list for printing labels?)
--
keltis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cumberland

One solution would be to create a column next to the list of dates which
just shows the month number.

IE: If your list was in column A, then the formula in column B for each
cell would be:

=MONTH(A1)

etc, so if you had 10 dates in column A, then you would have 10 of the
above formulas in column B. You could then perform a sort on the range
A1:B10 using column B as the sort key. This column can always be hidden
if necessary.

--
Cumberland
Cumberland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33445