Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom mcdonald

Default minus sign

some cells have numbers like 345- instead of -345, can someone suggest
a function that changes the minus sign around.
PS some cells have more than 3 numbers. Thanks evereyone.

--
tom mcdonald
tom mcdonald's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24369

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

=IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="-",-VALUE(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)),A1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten