Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
taxmom

Default Fix Simple #Div/0! error

Hi everyone,

I looked through the previous questions and didn't seem to find one that fit
my situation.

I have a simple formula that returns #DIV/0! when there is no data in the
fields E & F. I tried to but zeros in e&f and it still doesn't work.

(E7+F7)/$J$12*$I$5

I tried IF ISNA & IF ISERROR. I get lost with the logic sometimes.

how can I fix this so it just returns zero or blank? The bottom amount maps
to another spreadsheet and it will not calculate correctly the with #DIV/0!
in the total

I really would appreciate your help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

It's not E7 or F7 that causes this it's when J12*I5 is zero. If the values
of J12*I5 cannot be less than one you could use

=(E7+F7)/MAX($J$12*$I$5,1)

otherwise

=IF($J$12*$I$5=0,"",(E7+F7)/$J$12*$I$5)

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"taxmom" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I looked through the previous questions and didn't seem to find one that
fit
my situation.

I have a simple formula that returns #DIV/0! when there is no data in the
fields E & F. I tried to but zeros in e&f and it still doesn't work.

(E7+F7)/$J$12*$I$5

I tried IF ISNA & IF ISERROR. I get lost with the logic sometimes.

how can I fix this so it just returns zero or blank? The bottom amount
maps
to another spreadsheet and it will not calculate correctly the with
#DIV/0!
in the total

I really would appreciate your help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bondi

Hi,

Try

=if(iserror((E7+F7)/$J$12*$I$5),"",(E7+F7)/$J$12*$I$5)

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
taxmom

Genius ! I would never had thought it was the j12*5.

Thank you so much! you saved my life again. I can't thank you enough.
Have a wonderful year.

"taxmom" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I looked through the previous questions and didn't seem to find one that
fit
my situation.

I have a simple formula that returns #DIV/0! when there is no data in the
fields E & F. I tried to but zeros in e&f and it still doesn't work.

(E7+F7)/$J$12*$I$5

I tried IF ISNA & IF ISERROR. I get lost with the logic sometimes.

how can I fix this so it just returns zero or blank? The bottom amount
maps
to another spreadsheet and it will not calculate correctly the with
#DIV/0!
in the total

I really would appreciate your help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
taxmom

Thank you so much, I see what I was doing wrong on the IF iserror.

You are wonderful! thank you, thank you Have a great day!