Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leslie

Default Count Records Between A-K and L-Z

I have a spreadsheet used to track claims. Case Managers are assigned the
cases based on the surname of the client. For instance, Jane case manages
all clients with a surname between A and K and Jill manages all clients with
a surname between L and Z.

I would like to set up a formula to count the number of cases each case
manager has. Can this be done with a wildcard?

I have been fighting with this trying to find the answer, which I'm sure is
simple. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

Leslie,

For A-K use
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<k")
For L-Z, use
=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<=z")-COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<=l")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Leslie" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet used to track claims. Case Managers are
assigned the
cases based on the surname of the client. For instance, Jane
case manages
all clients with a surname between A and K and Jill manages all
clients with
a surname between L and Z.

I would like to set up a formula to count the number of cases
each case
manager has. Can this be done with a wildcard?

I have been fighting with this trying to find the answer, which
I'm sure is
simple. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(UPPER(LEFT($A$2:$A$200,1))="A"),--(UPPER(LEFT($A$2:$A$200,1)
)<="J"))

etc.

--
HTH