Robert Bushman

Default How can the count of filtered records always display?

When I filter records using the AutoFilter function (Excel 2002), a total of
the number of filtered records usually displays at the bottom on the left end
of the status bar. Sometimes, however, the count does not display at all,
and instead is only the word "Ready." How can I get the count to display
always ?

Bob Phillips

Debra Dalgleish provided this answer to a similar question

When your list has many formulas, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode"
instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal
function to count the visible rows.

The following MSKB article has some information:

XL2000: Excel AutoFilter Status Bar Message Shows "Filter Mode"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And a couple of workarounds:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

--