Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kjell Forssen

Default Changing date from =NOW() to Creation Date

I have wrongly used the "NOW"- term to set the date in my documents which
means that every time I open and save the document the date is changed. (The
problem is solved regarding all documents created from now and onwards). Any
suggestions how to make a "global" macro or function which can pick up the
Creation Date and replace the "NOW"-term with the creation date in all those
documents that has been datechanged cause I have opened them after the
creation date?
Thanks on forehand
Kjell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nick Hodge

Kjell

You can get the creation date of the activeworkbook with code like this

Sub GetCreateDate()
If InStr(1, ActiveWorkbook.FullName, "\") = 0 Then
MsgBox "You must save the workbook first"
Exit Sub
End If
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
www.nickhodge.co.uk
HIS

"Kjell Forssen" <Kjell
wrote in message
I have wrongly used the "NOW"- term to set the date in my documents which
means that every time I open and save the document the date is changed.
(The
problem is solved regarding all documents created from now and onwards).
Any
suggestions how to make a "global" macro or function which can pick up
the
Creation Date and replace the "NOW"-term with the creation date in all
those
documents that has been datechanged cause I have opened them after the
creation date?
Thanks on forehand
Kjell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kjell Forssen

Nick
Thank you for your extremly good help. I could never have solved it myself
and I just copied the cod into a makro and it works just great!

Yours for ever gratefull user!

Regards
Kjell

wrote in message
I have wrongly used the "NOW"- term to set the date in my documents which
means that every time I open and save the document the date is changed.
(The
problem is solved regarding all documents created from now and onwards).
Any
suggestions how to make a "global" macro or function which can pick up
the
Creation Date and replace the "NOW"-term with the creation date in all
those
documents that has been datechanged cause I have opened them after the
creation date?
Thanks on forehand
Kjell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kjell Forssen

Hi again!
I am still very pleased with your solution to my problem but I was a little
bit to entuthiastic. I placed the macro in a workbook called own.xls wich
starts automaticly every time I open one of my (faulty) documents. This
workbook are storing all other macros that are used when creating the
documents. It seems like if the macro takes the date from the own.xls and
put as create date (which is quit logic). How can I get it to go to the other
opened workbook and take the create date from that workbook and place into
the cell. Can I place the macro somewhere outside of the opened documents and
run it when I am standing in a faulty document without having to copy the
macro into that specifik document?

Regards
Kjell

wrote in message
I have wrongly used the "NOW"- term to set the date in my documents which
means that every time I open and save the document the date is changed.
(The
problem is solved regarding all documents created from now and onwards).
Any
suggestions how to make a "global" macro or function which can pick up
the
Creation Date and replace the "NOW"-term with the creation date in all
those
documents that has been datechanged cause I have opened them after the
creation date?
Thanks on forehand
Kjell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kjell Forssen

Hi again!
I have been checking for the source of the date and it is not from the
workbook Own.xls(equals to personal.xls in the english version). It must be
generated of the template (*.xlt) since the date is the same whenever the
document was named and saved. In the Properties wiew under Archive there is
no date set to the Creat date on the template - it just says (unknown).
Regards
Kjell