Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nick Hodge

Default Changing date from =NOW() to Creation Date

Kjell

You can get the creation date of the activeworkbook with code like this

Sub GetCreateDate()
If InStr(1, ActiveWorkbook.FullName, "\") = 0 Then
MsgBox "You must save the workbook first"
Exit Sub
End If
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
www.nickhodge.co.uk
HIS

"Kjell Forssen" <Kjell
wrote in message
I have wrongly used the "NOW"- term to set the date in my documents which
means that every time I open and save the document the date is changed.
(The
problem is solved regarding all documents created from now and onwards).
Any
suggestions how to make a "global" macro or function which can pick up
the
Creation Date and replace the "NOW"-term with the creation date in all
those
documents that has been datechanged cause I have opened them after the
creation date?
Thanks on forehand
Kjell