Chris Kellock

Default Lookup Access data in Excel

I am looking for a way to build my parts list for multiple vendors in Access,
and then from an Excel spreadsheet perform a lookup of a piece of that data.
Basically in Excel I want to type in a part number, and have the next 4
columns return description, vendor, list price and my cost.

I need to use Access for the parts list, because one vendor has 75,000 part
numbers, and I have roughly 20 vendors info I want to be able to perform the
lookup on. Currently I use VLOOKUP in Excel and look the data up in another
worksheet. But i need to have about 25 worksheets for the different lists.

I'd like to make one sheet which will allow lookups of all the products,
then I can just copy and paste special values into my quoting form.