Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EboniDimplz

Default Help needed with conditional formatting and adjacent text

I have an assignment that I can not get completed for the life of me.

Here is the situation: Apply conditional formatting to your worksheet
so that those people who are below average in sales should have their
NAMES formatted in red, italics, and bold.

Here is an example of the area I need help with.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90...preadsheet.gif

Any assistance that you can provide would be absolutely wonderful.
Thanks in advance.

--
EboniDimplz
EboniDimplz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33551

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

Hi EboniDimplz,

Where are the Names?
Sales for Sales #1 in A26
Sales for Sales #2 in A27
Sales for Sales #3 in A28
Sales for Sales #4 in A29
Sales for Sales #5 in A30
don't look like names but I'm guessing these are the cells to be red,
bold and italic for below average sales based on a comparison of
adjacent sales figures with the average sales figure in G26

Select A26:A30
Go FormatConditional formatting
In the Conditional Formatting dialog use the down arrow to change "Cell
Value Is" to "Formula Is"
Type this formula into the box immediately to the right of "Formula
Is"...

=B26<$G$26

Click the Format... button

On the Font tab of the Format Cells dialog click on Italic and Bold in
the Font Style: box, then click on red in the Font Color dropdown.

Click OK on the Format Cells dialog

Click OK on the Conditional Formatting dialog

That should achieve the desired effect.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EboniDimplz

Ken,

You are absolutely WONDERFUL!!

That did it. I spent 2 days searching the internet and different
forums trying to find the solution to that problem.

Thanks so much!!!!:)

--
EboniDimplz
EboniDimplz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33551
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=533356

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

Hi EboniDimplz,
(Great name by the way!)

Glad to hear you've had success.
So I guessed right, which normally isn't the case.
Good luck with the assignment.
Thanks for the feedback.

Ken Johnson