BP

Default How do I insert a row when using an if function

My spreadsheet is a series of dates with related data.
Sometimes there is a date missing in the sequence. I want to add an
additional row in this case and insert zero values for the data.
I would like to do this automatically and am not sure if I can use an if
function to run a macro, ie if to find if a date is missing and if yes,
launch the macro.
Would be grateful for any thoughts on this