Rich

Default Insert Function "FX" on Toolbar in Excel

I have Office XP (Excel 2002 SP3) and I have noticed that
I now have an fx (Insert Function) on the toolbar which I
didn't have before. Is there a way to get back to
the "old" format where I could click on boxes and the
fomaula result box would appear underneath the tool bar,
without the insert format box appearing - ie is this new
to this release, or have I got an option set that i don't
want.
I am not a prolific excel user and this is making my life
very difficult. I hope you can help me.

Thanks

Peo, thanks for responding

Is this a change in the Excel functionality? Have
microsoft made an "Improvement"!! to the software then, as
opposed to a feature you can add or not??

Rich

"Rich" wrote:

I have Office XP (Excel 2002 SP3) and I have noticed

that
I now have an fx (Insert Function) on the toolbar which

didn't have before. Is there a way to get back to
the "old" format where I could click on boxes and the
fomaula result box would appear underneath the tool

bar,
without the insert format box appearing - ie is this

new
to this release, or have I got an option set that i

don't
want.
I am not a prolific excel user and this is making my

life
very difficult. I hope you can help me.

Thanks

.

Rich

Debra,
Many thanks for that response.
Rich

There's a comment from a Microsoft employee in the

following thread on a
similar topic:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=04fb01c29ae3%

2486f4d080%248df82ecf%40TK2MSFTNGXA02