Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marie1uk

Default Stake calculator

I am looking for a way for Excel to calculate stakes based on odds for a
betting challenge we have at work. For example, if I have a target of
getting 100 pennies what stake would I have to put in according to the
odds given ?

Eg Target = 100 pennies as a 'win' total, given the fact that the stake
is also refunded when winning. The odds for dog A is 2-1, the odds for
dog B is 5/2 etc. How much would I have to invest in Dog A to get 100
compared to the stake for Dog B (again to get the same total).

We have all put in £10 and the winner gets drinks free all night :) .
Any winnings plus our initial £10 donation goes to Cancer Relief.

--
Marie1uk
Marie1uk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20984

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions