Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
QC Coug

Default ADDRESS Function

I posted an item below. I think the Address function is creating the formula
I need, but is there a way for it to return the value in the cell instead of
the formula for the cell?

From Help:
=ADDRESS(2,3,1,FALSE,"EXCEL SHEET") is an absolute reference to another
worksheet ('EXCEL SHEET'!R2C3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Its just another function:

if B2 contains:
=ADDRESS(2,3,1,FALSE,"EXCEL SHEET")

then you will see:
'EXCEL SHEET'!R2C3
in the cell.

In B3 put:

=INDIRECT(B2,A1)

and B3 will show the contents of the target.

--
Gary''s Student

"QC Coug" wrote:

I posted an item below. I think the Address function is creating the formula
I need, but is there a way for it to return the value in the cell instead of
the formula for the cell?

From Help:
=ADDRESS(2,3,1,FALSE,"EXCEL SHEET") is an absolute reference to another
worksheet ('EXCEL SHEET'!R2C3)

Currency to Text mytipi Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 21st 06 11:43 PM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
ADDRESS function Michael Link Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 5th 05 02:29 PM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
Use address function or other Doug Laidlaw Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 24th 05 02:12 PM