-   -   ADDRESS Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/83197-address-function.html)

QC Coug

ADDRESS Function

I posted an item below. I think the Address function is creating the formula
I need, but is there a way for it to return the value in the cell instead of
the formula for the cell?

From Help:
=ADDRESS(2,3,1,FALSE,"EXCEL SHEET") is an absolute reference to another
worksheet ('EXCEL SHEET'!R2C3)

Gary''s Student

ADDRESS Function

Its just another function:

if B2 contains:
=ADDRESS(2,3,1,FALSE,"EXCEL SHEET")

then you will see:
'EXCEL SHEET'!R2C3
in the cell.

In B3 put:

=INDIRECT(B2,A1)

and B3 will show the contents of the target.

--
Gary''s Student

"QC Coug" wrote:

I posted an item below. I think the Address function is creating the formula
I need, but is there a way for it to return the value in the cell instead of
the formula for the cell?

From Help: