Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Default Copy a formula down a column

Excel 2002, WinXP
I'm getting old and I forget.
Say I have Column A occupied from A1 to A5000.
In B1 I enter =A1 or some other formula.
I want to copy that formula down as far as Column A goes.
There is a way to do that without dragging through 5000 cells.
How? Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

If you select cell B1 you will see a small black square in the bottom
right hand corner - this is called the fill handle, and if you have
data in the column next to it (as you have), then all you need to do is
to double-click this square. The formula will be copied down to the
bottom of the data in the next column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

As long as there are no blanks in A!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you select cell B1 you will see a small black square in the bottom
right hand corner - this is called the fill handle, and if you have
data in the column next to it (as you have), then all you need to do is
to double-click this square. The formula will be copied down to the
bottom of the data in the next column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Pete & Bob
Thanks for that. I knew that way back but haven't used it in a long time.
Otto