Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TheTomo

Default Formula to copy text from a column in different workshhets

Hi All,

Right, I'm looking for a formula that will copy text from column A in
worksheets 2-5 into column A of worksheet 1?

E.G. If another name is added in column A, row 4 of worksheet 3 I need it to
appear in the same column and row of worksheet 1.

Any suggetions? - Be gentle, I'm an excel idiot!

Tomo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ufo_pilot

SO what happens if another name is added in column A, row 4 of worksheet 3 and
in column A, row 4 of worksheet 4?
which one would need to be displayed in the same column and row of worksheet
1?
You can however have data from sheet2 in columnA appear in sheet1 Column A
in the same row as it originally is, then maybe have data from sheet 3 appear
in Column B in the same row etc...???
use this in Sheet1 cell A1, you can drag it down or even over if you like.

=IF(Sheet2!A1<"",Sheet2!A1,"")

Change sheet Name where you need

"TheTomo" wrote:

Hi All,

Right, I'm looking for a formula that will copy text from column A in
worksheets 2-5 into column A of worksheet 1?

E.G. If another name is added in column A, row 4 of worksheet 3 I need it to
appear in the same column and row of worksheet 1.

Any suggetions? - Be gentle, I'm an excel idiot!

Tomo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tomo Rich

I was hoping it would 'auto sort' or something fancy!

I'll try your solution and see what happens.

TKS!!!

ufo_pilot wrote:
SO what happens if another name is added in column A, row 4 of worksheet 3 and
in column A, row 4 of worksheet 4?
which one would need to be displayed in the same column and row of worksheet
1?
You can however have data from sheet2 in columnA appear in sheet1 Column A
in the same row as it originally is, then maybe have data from sheet 3 appear
in Column B in the same row etc...???
use this in Sheet1 cell A1, you can drag it down or even over if you like.

=IF(Sheet2!A1<"",Sheet2!A1,"")

Change sheet Name where you need

Hi All,

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]