Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Areaka

Default Average range including blank cells: #DIV/0!

I am trying to average a range of cells which sometimes includes blank
cells, which returns: #DIV/0! This happens when the entire range is
blank, but works fine when data is present. I would also like for it
to display "NO" instead of #DIV/0!

The formula I used was: =AVERAGE(B4:M4)

Any help is much appreciated!

--
Areaka
Areaka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33426

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Areaka,

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(B4:M4)),"NO",AVERAGE(B4:M4))

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

one mo

=if(count(b4:m4)=0,"NO",average(b4:m4))

Areaka wrote:

I am trying to average a range of cells which sometimes includes blank
cells, which returns: #DIV/0! This happens when the entire range is
blank, but works fine when data is present. I would also like for it
to display "NO" instead of #DIV/0!

The formula I used was: =AVERAGE(B4:M4)

Any help is much appreciated!

--
Areaka
Areaka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33426
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532426

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Areaka

Oh, thank you so much, I was working it and reworking it with IF
functions and not getting anywhere. I plugged yours in and
instantaneous!!! Thank you so much!!!!