Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lynda S

Default create a formula

I need to create a formula that calculates the length of stay that invloves
date and times cells. For example:
C11 = date (admission date)
C12 = time (24 hour clock) (admission time)
C20 = date (discharge date)
C21 = time (24 hour clock) (discharge time)
C22 = total length of stay (time) in hours/min ie 72 hours 25 minutes

I had this completed initially with the date and time for admission and
discharge in one cell each. Which worked great. Now they want it broken
into a cell for the dates and a time for the cells.

Is what l am asking even doable. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Lynda S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=(C20-C11)+(C21-C12)

and format as [h]:mm

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Lynda S" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that calculates the length of stay that

invloves
date and times cells. For example:
C11 = date (admission date)
C12 = time (24 hour clock) (admission time)
C20 = date (discharge date)
C21 = time (24 hour clock) (discharge time)
C22 = total length of stay (time) in hours/min ie 72 hours 25 minutes

I had this completed initially with the date and time for admission and
discharge in one cell each. Which worked great. Now they want it broken
into a cell for the dates and a time for the cells.

Is what l am asking even doable. Any assistance would be greatly

appreciated

Lynda S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

It's no real difference, just add the date and time before you subtract
since one day is 1 and one hour is 1/24

=(C20+C21)-(C11+C12)

the important thing is to use a custom format of [hh]:mm for the result

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com