STS

Default How to create specific formula

I need to create a formula for the following scenario. I need to do a freight
charges calculation. I have the number of lb, the rate per lb, a minimum
charge of $20. I am looking for a way to create a formula that automatically
calculates the correct freight amount when I enter the weight. The rate is
$0.20 per lb. So the formula should either enter the freight amount based on
the per lb rate, or $20 minimum of the per lb rate would total to less than
$20. So here is the example:
Cell A1= Weight in lbs
Cell B1 = Total Freight charges
The formula should be: B1 = Sum of (A1*0.20) if that total is 20. If the
total is <20, B1 should be 20.

I've been trying to figure it out, but can't seem to come up with a
solution. Any answers out there?

Thanks.

FxM

STS wrote:
I need to create a formula for the following scenario. I need to do a freight
charges calculation. I have the number of lb, the rate per lb, a minimum
charge of $20. I am looking for a way to create a formula that automatically
calculates the correct freight amount when I enter the weight. The rate is
$0.20 per lb. So the formula should either enter the freight amount based on
the per lb rate, or $20 minimum of the per lb rate would total to less than
$20. So here is the example:
Cell A1= Weight in lbs
Cell B1 = Total Freight charges
The formula should be: B1 = Sum of (A1*0.20) if that total is 20. If the
total is <20, B1 should be 20.

I've been trying to figure it out, but can't seem to come up with a
solution. Any answers out there?

Thanks.

Hi,

something like ... should work.