Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
arjun j

Default Easy question: Sort ascending in a row?

Students names are listed vertically in Column A. Column B through some
column, let's say P, contain test scores. There are 25 quizzes with a
maximum score of 10, and 5 exams with a maximum score of 100. These
scores are arranged horizontally going across the row next to the
students name.

How do I arrange the scores, in ascending order (from lowest to
highest) for each student, so that I can delete or drop the lowest five
quiz scores?

For example ( Here are 8 quiz scores. arrange them ascending
horizontally so lowest 5 can be dropped)

1 John Doe 5 8 7 5 10
3 4
2 Amy Smith 4 5 8 10 9
7 5

THANKS!!!!

--
arjun j
arjun j's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33343

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bondi

Hi Arjun,

If you highlight one of the rows and go to Data - Sort - Options.
Here you can choose Sort Top To Bottom or Sort Left To Right.. Choose
Sort Left to right. Click Ok and choose Ascending and click OK.

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carim

Hi Arjun,

If I understand correctly your data starts in B2 ...
following should do the job :

Sub Macro1()
Dim i As Integer
Dim Lr As Integer
Lr = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
Range("B2").Select
For i = 2 To Lr
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Selection.Cells(1), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlLeftToRight
Next i
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
arjun j

Carim,

Would you mind simplifying your response? I don't really understand
where to put that, or how to use that formula as I am new to excel!

Thanks!