Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adodson

Default MRound and Roundup

I can't seem to get these functions to work in conjunction with each other to
get my desired results, so I'm putting it out there for someone else's great
mind. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like it to look at a number and always round up to the nearest
multiple of 5. For example,
1069 would change to 1070
1062 would change to 1065

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=CEILING(A1,5)

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address

"adodson" wrote in message
I can't seem to get these functions to work in conjunction with each other
get my desired results, so I'm putting it out there for someone else's
great
mind. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like it to look at a number and always round up to the nearest
multiple of 5. For example,
1069 would change to 1070
1062 would change to 1065

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Try...

=CEILING(A2,5)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
adodson wrote:

I can't seem to get these functions to work in conjunction with each other to
get my desired results, so I'm putting it out there for someone else's great
mind. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like it to look at a number and always round up to the nearest
multiple of 5. For example,
1069 would change to 1070
1062 would change to 1065

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adodson

Perfect! Thanks. I knew it had to be something easy. It's only hard when
you don't know the terminology. :)

BTW, thanks for that speedy response!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=CEILING(A1,5)