-   -   MRound and Roundup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/82563-mround-roundup.html)

adodson

MRound and Roundup

I can't seem to get these functions to work in conjunction with each other to
get my desired results, so I'm putting it out there for someone else's great
mind. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like it to look at a number and always round up to the nearest
multiple of 5. For example,
1069 would change to 1070
1062 would change to 1065

Any suggestions?

Peo Sjoblom

MRound and Roundup

=CEILING(A1,5)

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address

"adodson" wrote in message
I can't seem to get these functions to work in conjunction with each other
get my desired results, so I'm putting it out there for someone else's
great
mind. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like it to look at a number and always round up to the nearest
multiple of 5. For example,
1069 would change to 1070
1062 would change to 1065

Any suggestions?

Aladin Akyurek

MRound and Roundup

=CEILING(A1,5)

=ROUNDUP(A1/5,0)*5

adodson wrote:
I can't seem to get these functions to work in conjunction with each other to
get my desired results, so I'm putting it out there for someone else's great
mind. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like it to look at a number and always round up to the nearest
multiple of 5. For example,
1069 would change to 1070
1062 would change to 1065

Any suggestions?

Domenic

MRound and Roundup

Try...

=CEILING(A2,5)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
adodson wrote:

I can't seem to get these functions to work in conjunction with each other to
get my desired results, so I'm putting it out there for someone else's great
mind. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like it to look at a number and always round up to the nearest
multiple of 5. For example,
1069 would change to 1070
1062 would change to 1065

Any suggestions?

adodson

MRound and Roundup

Perfect! Thanks. I knew it had to be something easy. It's only hard when
you don't know the terminology. :)

BTW, thanks for that speedy response!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=CEILING(A1,5)