Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tweacle

Default How I can find breaks in continuity

I have a workbook of which I check every month for breaks in continuity
on a variety of machines. What im trying to do is see the breaks in
continuity when dates are missing.

I.E say I have a workbook which has start dates.end dates and machine
numbers

Machine 1 Start date= 01/03/2006 end date = 07/03/06 then on the next
entry Start 08/03 end 16/03. Obviously there no break there so that
fine.
Machine 2 Start 01/03 end 07/03 start 25/03 end 31/03. Obviously there
a break there and I need to be able to have that highlighted.

There are about 40 machines which all have there own number. When their
input they are not in any order cos there input every time there
emptied. I only need to check the contunity monthly so if to make it
easier they can be sorted into machine no before checking for breaks.

Can anyone help?

--
tweacle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

If you sort the data by machine then startdate
then lets say machine is in column a, start b, finish c and the data
starts in row2.
If cell d3 put if(a2=a3, b3-c2,0) if the value is greater than 1 you
have a gap
you can then copy it down all th other rows

Regards

Dav

--
Dav