Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phippsy

Default view page breaks

The dotted line showing where Excel has put in page breaks do not normally
show and the default for a new sheet under Tools and Options is for them not
to show.

Question 1
Sometimes the page breaks are turned on automatically and there does not
seem to be a reason for this.

Question 2
I had originally thought that there was no way to see where a print area has
been set unless you go into Page Break preview but when I came to do it just
now both in XP and 2003, I find I can see it in Normal view and also see that
Show Page Breaks has been automatically selected in Tools and Options. Why
have I never seen this before?!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

#1. I've only seen them when I turn them on (tools|options|view tab) or ran a
macro that turned them on. Or run File|print preview (or print). Any of those
things will show those dotted lines.

#2. I don't know why you never saw it before, but try staying in normal view
and changing the zoom level to 40% or smaller. (another way to see the page
layout)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phippsy

Thanks for this but still not sure if I understand why I have never seen them
before and now I can.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Have you been to LensCrafters lately <vbg.

They've been there as long as I can recall.