Louisa

Default excel page breaks - urgent help required

Please help!

I have divided a worksheet into numerous pages using page breaks (around 70
page breaks per sheet, however they won't stay in place and sometimes when I
move to another page and then go back they disappear. Any idea how I can
freeze/lock them in place? Sometimes it doesnt show them at all and when I
try to insert another, it says there is one already there!I'm going nuts
please help!

GOD

"Louisa" wrote in message
Please help!

I have divided a worksheet into numerous pages using page breaks (around
70
page breaks per sheet, however they won't stay in place and sometimes when
move to another page and then go back they disappear. Any idea how I can
freeze/lock them in place? Sometimes it doesn't show them at all and when
try to insert another, it says there is one already there!I'm going nuts
please help!

personally I think 70 pages per single tab on a spreadsheet, is WAY, WAY too
many... I would put less breaks per tab, and add in a few more tabs. see if
there is some way to organize the data on the current sheet into more than
one tab, that way it is less info for the pc to keep track of all at once.
that could be one reason why the problems are happening, you are possibly
overloading excels ability to keep track of that many page breaks and the
associated data...
or
try clicking on the page break preview in the "View" menu... this will tell
excel to show the spread sheet pages with heavy SOLID blue lines for the
edges of the print area, and if it is multiple pages as you say, the breaks
between them will be in a heavy DASHED lines... then just to make sure, do a
print preview and click thru all pages to be printed, and adjust the
boundaries as needed to get the desired previews... they "should" stay there
as long as you don't drag the heavy blue lines anywhere else. realize of
course that if you add oh, say 10 lines/ rows/columns (whatever) to page
5... it will throw off all of the original breaks from page 5 all the way to
the end (pg 70) but leave the breaks from pages 1 to 4 ok... thus giving you
headaches in formatting the later page breaks to show exactly what you
want...

Louisa

Thanks for that - unfortunately we have 72 clients and so each worksheet
needs to be split into 72 pages and each workbook into the months of the
year, so 72 clients in each month. It is a cumulative timesheet. I have tried
the page break preview in "view" but it will only show the border page break
solidlines lines, it won't show the horizontal lines.I know that when adding
extra lines to the spreadsheet the page breaks will move and i can deal with
adjusting them but they actually disappear completely leaving me with 1 or 2
or 3 pages instead of 72? Any other suggestions as to how i can freeze them
or stop them disappearing please?