Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marc

Default I'm desperate I posted earlier about "If" statements that don't work but are correct. Now...

I'm also having cicular reference error messages where there are none I.E.
In cell E6 I have this formula and a circular refence error =SUM(F6:G6). In
H157 the formula is =SUM(E157*J157) with an error message.

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown

Default I'm desperate I posted earlier about "If" statements that don't wo

Let's start with...
I can't read your 1st question because you put it in the title that scrolls
off the screen. Something about an if statement - "I'm desperate I posted
earlier about "If" statements that don't wo".
1) Put your questions in the message. The title is used for a BRIEF
descriptor.

In cell E6 I have this formula and a circular refence error =SUM(F6:G6).

2) Do you possibly have F6 and/or G6 referencing H6 which looks like it may
have a reference to E6? Have you looked at the Auditing Tool and
'dependents'?

In H157 the formula is =SUM(E157*J157) with an error message.

3) What's the error message? If it's a circular error message see answer
(2).

In H157 the formula is =SUM(E157*J157) with an error message.

4) Why =SUM(E157*J157) and not simply =E157*J157?

Sincerely,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Marc" wrote:

I'm also having cicular reference error messages where there are none I.E.
In cell E6 I have this formula and a circular refence error =SUM(F6:G6). In
H157 the formula is =SUM(E157*J157) with an error message.

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marc

"Gary L Brown" wrote in message
Let's start with...
I can't read your 1st question because you put it in the title that

scrolls
off the screen. Something about an if statement - "I'm desperate I posted
earlier about "If" statements that don't wo".
1) Put your questions in the message. The title is used for a BRIEF
descriptor.

In cell E6 I have this formula and a circular refence error =SUM(F6:G6).

2) Do you possibly have F6 and/or G6 referencing H6 which looks like it

may
have a reference to E6? Have you looked at the Auditing Tool and
'dependents'?

Yes, Yes

In H157 the formula is =SUM(E157*J157) with an error message.

3) What's the error message? If it's a circular error message see answer
(2).

Yes

In H157 the formula is =SUM(E157*J157) with an error message.

4) Why =SUM(E157*J157) and not simply =E157*J157?

I don't remember and probably have no good reason but it shouldn't make a
difference.

Marc

Sincerely,