Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rich Rosier

Default Help Requested on Formula

Here's my challenge:

If a cell (not the cell I'm writing the formula in) has a $amount that is
greater than $10,000, but less than $19,999, then I would like the letter "C"
to show up in the cell that I'm writing the formula in. However, if the cell
has a $amount that is greater than $20,000, but less than $29,999, then I
would like the letter "B" to show up in the cell. Next, if the cell has a
$amount that is greater than $30,000, then I would like the letter "A" to
show up in the cell. Lastly, if the cell has a $amount that is less than
$10,000, then I would like the words "Not an EDPR Acct" to show up in the
cell.

Can anyone help me craft a formula that would do this?

Thanks very much,
Rich Rosier
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Try this:

=IF(A1=30000,"A",IF(A1=20000,"B",IF(A1=10000,"C ","Not an EDPR
Acct")))

I have assumed that the cell with the monetary value in is A1 - adjust
accordingly.

Note that your description does not cover what to do when the cell
contains exactly 10,000, or 20,000 or 30,000 - I've assumed that these
are part of the higher range.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

I think something like this would work:

For a value in A1

B1: =LOOKUP(A1,{0,10000,20000,30000},{"Not an EDPR Acct","C","B","A"})

Alternatively, you could build a table of those same tiered values and
reference that table with a VLOOKUP instead.

Refs Col_C Col_D
Row_1 0 Not an EDPR Acct
Row_2 10000 C
Row_3 20000 B
Row_4 30000 A

B1: =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$4,2,1)

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Rich Rosier" wrote:

Here's my challenge:

If a cell (not the cell I'm writing the formula in) has a $amount that is
greater than $10,000, but less than $19,999, then I would like the letter "C"
to show up in the cell that I'm writing the formula in. However, if the cell
has a $amount that is greater than $20,000, but less than $29,999, then I
would like the letter "B" to show up in the cell. Next, if the cell has a
$amount that is greater than $30,000, then I would like the letter "A" to
show up in the cell. Lastly, if the cell has a $amount that is less than
$10,000, then I would like the words "Not an EDPR Acct" to show up in the
cell.

Can anyone help me craft a formula that would do this?

Thanks very much,
Rich Rosier

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:20:01 -0700, Rich Rosier
wrote:

Here's my challenge:

If a cell (not the cell I'm writing the formula in) has a $amount that is
greater than $10,000, but less than $19,999, then I would like the letter "C"
to show up in the cell that I'm writing the formula in. However, if the cell
has a $amount that is greater than $20,000, but less than $29,999, then I
would like the letter "B" to show up in the cell. Next, if the cell has a
$amount that is greater than $30,000, then I would like the letter "A" to
show up in the cell. Lastly, if the cell has a $amount that is less than
$10,000, then I would like the words "Not an EDPR Acct" to show up in the
cell.

Can anyone help me craft a formula that would do this?

Thanks very much,
Rich Rosie

Just another method:

=CHOOSE(MIN(INT(A1/10000)+1,4),"Not an EDPR Acct","C","B","A")

--ron