Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

Default Help Requested on Formula

Just for variety:

=IF(A1<10000,"Not an EDPR Acct",CHAR(65+3-MIN(INT(A1/10000),3)))

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Rich Rosier" wrote in message
Here's my challenge:

If a cell (not the cell I'm writing the formula in) has a $amount that is
greater than $10,000, but less than $19,999, then I would like the letter
"C"
to show up in the cell that I'm writing the formula in. However, if the
cell
has a $amount that is greater than $20,000, but less than $29,999, then I
would like the letter "B" to show up in the cell. Next, if the cell has a
$amount that is greater than $30,000, then I would like the letter "A" to
show up in the cell. Lastly, if the cell has a $amount that is less than
$10,000, then I would like the words "Not an EDPR Acct" to show up in the
cell.

Can anyone help me craft a formula that would do this?

Thanks very much,
Rich Rosier