Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hpia

Default How do you make an graph containing an algerbrica formula?

I am a student and need help with making a graph with excel .I have tried
continlessly and excel says my information is wrong and the graph doenst have
the x and y axes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Wright

So try explaining in words what you have tried so far (eg give ranges etc)
and you will doubtless be given pointers as to where to look to fix it.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"hpia" wrote in message
I am a student and need help with making a graph with excel .I have tried
continlessly and excel says my information is wrong and the graph doenst
have
the x and y axes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Lets say the formula is y=x*x-x. In cells A1 thru A10 put 1 thru 10. In B1
thru B10 put:

=A1*A1-A1 and copy down
you should see:

1 0
2 2
3 6
4 12
5 20
6 30
7 42
8 56
9 72
10 90

Hilight this stuff and pull-down:
Insert Chart Scatter and pick any lined format.
--
Gary's Student