Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kalikw

Default Can I create an If Statement that will replace text

Can I create an If statement that will replace text with text. For example
can I write a statement that will do this
If(F1=MJW, RGS, JDC).
I have tried to use the text function and subsitute function but it is not
working. Any helps or tips would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=IF(F1="MJW","RGS","JDC")

put this is any other cell and it will display the result.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"kalikw" wrote in message
Can I create an If statement that will replace text with text. For

example
can I write a statement that will do this
If(F1=MJW, RGS, JDC).
I have tried to use the text function and subsitute function but it is not
working. Any helps or tips would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

try putting quotes around the text

--