-   -   Can I create an If Statement that will replace text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/80180-can-i-create-if-statement-will-replace-text.html)

kalikw

Can I create an If Statement that will replace text

Can I create an If statement that will replace text with text. For example
can I write a statement that will do this
If(F1=MJW, RGS, JDC).
I have tried to use the text function and subsitute function but it is not
working. Any helps or tips would be appreciated.

Bob Phillips

Can I create an If Statement that will replace text

=IF(F1="MJW","RGS","JDC")

put this is any other cell and it will display the result.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"kalikw" wrote in message
Can I create an If statement that will replace text with text. For

example
can I write a statement that will do this
If(F1=MJW, RGS, JDC).
I have tried to use the text function and subsitute function but it is not
working. Any helps or tips would be appreciated.

Don Guillett

Can I create an If Statement that will replace text

try putting quotes around the text

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"kalikw" wrote in message
Can I create an If statement that will replace text with text. For
example
can I write a statement that will do this
If(F1=MJW, RGS, JDC).
I have tried to use the text function and subsitute function but it is not
working. Any helps or tips would be appreciated.

kalikw

Can I create an If Statement that will replace text

It worked! Thanks so much Bob and Don for your help.

"kalikw" wrote in message
Can I create an If statement that will replace text with text. For
example
can I write a statement that will do this
If(F1=MJW, RGS, JDC).
I have tried to use the text function and subsitute function but it is not
working. Any helps or tips would be appreciated.

Don Guillett

Can I create an If Statement that will replace text

glad it helped

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software