John

Default If Greater than when a formula Results in N/A

I have a formula that will result in N/A three quarters of the year. In the
4th quarter, the survey is completed and if the survey rating is greater than
90%, I want to award a certain number of points to the task. How is this
done using the IF function considering text (the N/A) is considered greater
than 90%. The formula is awarding the points when N/A is the result during
the 1st three quarters.

=IF(R20=0.9,J20,0)

The AVERAGE Formula (using an If function for no denominator) resulting in
N/A is in cell R20.
The points to be awarded are located in J20

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank Kabel

Hi
try
=IF(N(R20)=0.9,J20,0)

If you have a text value 'N/A' in your cell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel