Leslie

Default How do I delete Rows from my woorksheet?

Dave R.

One way is to right click on the row number label on the left hand side, and
choose "delete".

Frank Kabel

Hi
you can't. Excel will always have 65536 rows. But you can hide them

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Don Guillett

Look in HELP index for delete

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Leslie

Thank you Frank. I do know how to delete rows, of course, but I wanted to
only have 58 instead of the 65536. You hit the nail on the head with your
answer.
Thanks anyway.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
you can't. Excel will always have 65536 rows. But you can hide them

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

Leslie

Thanks but I was talking about the 65536 rows that are in excel. I only
wanted 58 and it seems as though I can't "delete" the rows as you stated.
Thanks anyway

"Dave R." wrote:

One way is to right click on the row number label on the left hand side, and
choose "delete".

Leslie

Not in there. I was trying to delete 65478 of the 65536 rows in the
worksheet. Excel wont let me. It always has the 65536 rows. Otherwise, I
know how to DELETE.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in HELP index for delete

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Don Guillett

As was pointed out, better questions get better answers. But
It was in there. At least on my xl2002.
Delete cells, rows, or columns
1.. Select the cells, rows, or columns you want to delete.
2.. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
3.. If you are deleting a range of cells, click Shift cells left, Shift
cells up, Entire row, or Entire column in the Delete dialog box.
Note Microsoft Excel keeps formulas up to date by adjusting references to
the shifted cells to reflect their new locations. However, a formula that
refers to a deleted cell displays the #REF! error value.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software