Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rikuk

Default Split contents of a cell

Hi, I have a web query that pulls football league fixtures from a
website, the two teams appear in one cell after the extract, is there a
way of spliting the two team to individual cell.

This is what its looks like when extracted.

Middlesbrough - Bolton
Charlton - Newcastle
Man Utd - Birmingham

Rik

--
Rikuk
Rikuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26559

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Use DataText To Columns with space and - as delimiters.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rikuk" wrote in
message ...

Hi, I have a web query that pulls football league fixtures from a
website, the two teams appear in one cell after the extract, is there a
way of spliting the two team to individual cell.

This is what its looks like when extracted.

Middlesbrough - Bolton
Charlton - Newcastle
Man Utd - Birmingham

Rik

--
Rikuk
Rikuk's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526321

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rikuk

Thank you just what I needed.

Rik:)

--
Rikuk
Rikuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26559
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526321

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rikuk

I've manged to split the two teams into seperate cells, my VLookup fails
now because there a space at the end of each team name. Can this be
removed or can VLookup do a near match instead of exact match?

Middlesbrough - Bolton
Charlton - Newcastle
Man Utd - Birmingham

Rik
:)

--
Rikuk
Rikuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26559
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526321

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Try trimming the lookup value, like this

=VLOOKUP(TRIM(A2),I2:K45,2,FALSE)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rikuk" wrote in
message ...

I've manged to split the two teams into seperate cells, my VLookup fails
now because there a space at the end of each team name. Can this be
removed or can VLookup do a near match instead of exact match?

Middlesbrough - Bolton
Charlton - Newcastle
Man Utd - Birmingham

Rik