Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott

Default Clear Cell Without Removing Formula

Is there a way to preven Excel from removing a formula in a cell when just
clearing what is being displayed?

For example:
I have =IF(ISERROR(SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)),"",SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)) in a cell. The
users need to be able to clear the result without deleting the formula. Can
this be done? Thanks in Advance

(We're running Office 2003)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

To clear the display of a formula without removing the formula:

Set the color of the font the same as the color of the cell background.
--
Gary's Student

"Scott" wrote:

Is there a way to preven Excel from removing a formula in a cell when just
clearing what is being displayed?

For example:
I have =IF(ISERROR(SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)),"",SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)) in a cell. The
users need to be able to clear the result without deleting the formula. Can
this be done? Thanks in Advance

(We're running Office 2003)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I'm looking for.

What I mean is this:

If I have IF(ISERROR(SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)),"",SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)) in a cell
and that cell returns a value of 15 (for example), I want to be able to erase
the value of 15 while leaving the formula in tact. If I go to the cell and
click deltete, the formula and the value are gone. I just want to remove the
value (15)

Thanks.

"Scott" wrote:

Is there a way to preven Excel from removing a formula in a cell when just
clearing what is being displayed?

For example:
I have =IF(ISERROR(SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)),"",SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)) in a cell. The
users need to be able to clear the result without deleting the formula. Can
this be done? Thanks in Advance

(We're running Office 2003)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

You have to clear out the cells that are part of the formula that returns
the value of 15
F5, special and constants

Peo Sjoblom

"Scott" wrote:

Is there a way to preven Excel from removing a formula in a cell when
just
clearing what is being displayed?

For example:
I have =IF(ISERROR(SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)),"",SUM(AG3+$AL$3-AH3)) in a
cell. The
users need to be able to clear the result without deleting the formula.
Can
this be done? Thanks in Advance

(We're running Office 2003)

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sloth

you can't clear the result of a formula. You can only hide it (match the
text to the background, hide the row or column, etc.). Why would you want to
do that? Maybe if you can answer that, we might be able to give you a viable
workaround.

For example if you don't want a cell to be included in a SUM formula, you
can use SUBTOTAL which ignores cells that have been filtered out.