Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brainless_in_Boston

Default post positive sum as a negative? help!

Good ole microsoft... I have entered 2 positiive numbers in sequential cells
in a column, however, I want to display their (positive) sum as a negative,
so I can tie out a premium cost against another number which is positive.
Complicated, I know, but not easy to do.

I tried the logical math stuff, multiply by negaive 1, put a neg sign in
front of the cell with no luck.

I searched for "help" (for those who have not seen my posts, I hate MS's
search algorithm with a zeal usually reserved for somebody that has just
stolen from me), and of course my search yielded a stunning array of totally
unrelated help topics...

OOOHHH!! Stop the presses, I can enter =-SUM(C356:C346) and get it... trial
and error wins over the search algorithm.

thanks for reading...

Mark
aka Brainless

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marijus

Hi
if i undestand you right
so you want to do like this
input in A1 5 positive number
input in A2 6 positive number
and in cell A3 get -11
if i`m right so you should write in A3 this formula:
=concatenate("-";sum(A1:A2))
and the result you`ll get -11

--
M.A.