Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim

Default Lookup mulitple values and return one

I have two cells that have values that correspond to information in a sperate
table. I want to be able to lookup data in the table based on the two cells
that contain information. Where do I start?

For instance, here is a simplified example.
Cell A1 = Jim
Cell A2 = Lunch

Cell M1 = Jim
Cell M2 = Mary
Cell M3 = Mike
Cell M4 = Breakfast
Cell M5 = Lunch
Cell M6 = Dinner

Cell N4 = 8:00
Cell N5 = 12:00
Cell N6 = 5:00

I want to be able to lookup the value for Jim and Lunch in the table that is
in column M:N and return the value that matches Jim and Lunch which is 12:00.
If it were Mike and Breakfast it would be 8:00.

Again this is a simplified example.

--
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

I'm sorry, but I do not understand your data structure.........I would
recommend using four columns, A,B,C,and D, and putting headings of Name,
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in row 1 across them.....then entering data in
one row for each person below....

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3