Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rgydicey

Default How do I change a letter to a number in an excel spreadsheet?

I have an excel spreadsheet for employee health insurance deductions. In the
coverage colum I have coverage noted as either E, ES, EC, F or D. What I'm
looking for is a function that will allow me to display weekly deductions in
an adjacent cell. Ex: E=$26.55 Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

=LOOKUP(A1,{"d","e","ec","es","f"},{1,26.55,3,4,5} )

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"rgydicey" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet for employee health insurance deductions. In the
coverage colum I have coverage noted as either E, ES, EC, F or D. What I'm
looking for is a function that will allow me to display weekly deductions in
an adjacent cell. Ex: E=$26.55 Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Let's assume the coverage code is in column D and you want the numbers in
column E, starting in row 2

change the 26 through 66 as appropriate

=LOOKUP(E2,{"D","E","EC","ES","F"},{26,36,46,56,66 })

"rgydicey" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet for employee health insurance deductions. In the
coverage colum I have coverage noted as either E, ES, EC, F or D. What I'm
looking for is a function that will allow me to display weekly deductions in
an adjacent cell. Ex: E=$26.55 Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

sorry about the typo

=LOOKUP(D2,{"D","E","EC","ES","F"},{26,36,46,56,66 })