Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nickae77

Default IF Statement Help

I am trying to set up a table in the #2 worksheet to get the data from
the table in the #1 worksheet. I have it set up so that a user will
enter data into #1 worksheet and it will automatically transfer to #2
worksheet.

I have attached a Word document of what the tables look like. I need to
get the data from #1 worksheet to transfer to #2 worksheet and not have
blank rows in between. I also don't want to run a VB script that will
delete blank rows because the users of the Excel document will be
confused on how to run it.

I set up an IF statement on the cells to transfer the data from #1
worksheet to #2 worksheet, but #2 worksheet looks exactly like #1. Does
anybody know how I can get #1 worksheet to transfer over to #2 worksheet
and look like how I have it set in the 2nd table in the attached
document?

|Filename: Excel Question.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4504 |

nickae77
nickae77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32701
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=525283

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

You can use DataFilterAdvanced Filter, but this does not allow copying to
another worksheet.

HTH
--
AP

"nickae77" a écrit
dans le message de

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

Will you always have a block of 4 rows for each Part Number with a
blank row between blocks, or could the number of rows per block vary?

I would suggest that you copy the Part Number column to another sheet
and then sort this column, so that the blanks drop to the bottom and
you have a contiguous range of Part Numbers. This forms the basis of
your second table. You could then use the MATCH( ) function to get the
relative position (row) of a part number in the main table and use this
within an INDEX( ) formula in order to return the first line of the
Description, the Quantity, Unit Price and Sub-total columns - I would
suggest that you put the columns in this order. These four formulae can
then be copied down to complete the second table.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mtsc

Use this formula .

=Sheet1!D11 it means =(the name of your first sheet)!(cell you wish to copy
to the next page).