Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
outwest via OfficeKB.com

Default Copy to another sheet and???

Hi, I tried searching for an answer to this but couldnt find the one I needed.
Apologies if I missed it.

I have data in cells B2 thru E2 on sheet 2 of my book. (eg, truck, red,
100Ton, petrol) that is all selected from drop down lists.
I need sheet 4 of my book to see this data and collate it all into cell E2
there so it reads 'truck red 100ton petrol' all in the one cell and seperated
by spaces.
I have tried vlookup and this formula also in the cell E2 on sheet4 "=sheet2!
B2:E2."
When I try the latter it only shows the value of the E2 cell.

Im sure Im overlooking something simple, any help is much appreciated, even
if it means slapping some sense into me ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege

Use
=concatenate(Sheet2!B2,Sheet2!C2,Sheet2!D2Sheet2!E 2)
Concatenate wants indivisual text (cells) between commas. I don't know why
you can't use a range...

Beege

"outwest via OfficeKB.com" <u19594@uwe wrote in message
Hi, I tried searching for an answer to this but couldnt find the one I
needed.
Apologies if I missed it.

I have data in cells B2 thru E2 on sheet 2 of my book. (eg, truck, red,
100Ton, petrol) that is all selected from drop down lists.
I need sheet 4 of my book to see this data and collate it all into cell E2
there so it reads 'truck red 100ton petrol' all in the one cell and
seperated
by spaces.
I have tried vlookup and this formula also in the cell E2 on sheet4
"=sheet2!
B2:E2."
When I try the latter it only shows the value of the E2 cell.

Im sure Im overlooking something simple, any help is much appreciated,
even
if it means slapping some sense into me ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
outwest via OfficeKB.com

THANKYOU THANKYOU I scream with glee.
That worked in collating all the data into one cell Beege.
Im sure I can add spaces from here on in.
Thankyou once again

Beege wrote:
Use
=concatenate(Sheet2!B2,Sheet2!C2,Sheet2!D2Sheet2! E2)
Concatenate wants indivisual text (cells) between commas. I don't know why
you can't use a range...

Beege

Hi, I tried searching for an answer to this but couldnt find the one I
needed.

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]