Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phil

Default sumif

I'm trying to use one sumif formula to capture YTD personel info from several
tabs (Jan-Dec) within a workbook with no success. The criteria is the
personel name. Because people come and go from the company the data can't
simply be pulled from the same cell from the different tabs. Currently, I'm
adding a sumif (Jan) + sumif (Feb) + etc to be able to achieve my objective.
There's gotta be a better way! Any suggestions? Thanks.

phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

The best "better way" that I can suggest would be to change over to a
single-sheet database instead of one sheet for each month. Then the SUMIF
and/or AutoFilter function would be simple, and specific-month reports could
be easily reproduced if desired.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Phil" wrote:

I'm trying to use one sumif formula to capture YTD personel info from several
tabs (Jan-Dec) within a workbook with no success. The criteria is the
personel name. Because people come and go from the company the data can't
simply be pulled from the same cell from the different tabs. Currently, I'm
adding a sumif (Jan) + sumif (Feb) + etc to be able to achieve my objective.
There's gotta be a better way! Any suggestions? Thanks.

phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phil

unfortunately i need to keep the format as is. any other
suggestions?...don't know if sumif is the wrong route or i need to combine
this formala with another??

"Phil" wrote:

I'm trying to use one sumif formula to capture YTD personel info from several
tabs (Jan-Dec) within a workbook with no success. The criteria is the
personel name. Because people come and go from the company the data can't
simply be pulled from the same cell from the different tabs. Currently, I'm
adding a sumif (Jan) + sumif (Feb) + etc to be able to achieve my objective.
There's gotta be a better way! Any suggestions? Thanks.

phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

ONly other thing I can suggest is to use a regular SUMIF on each sheet, just
for that sheet, and reference the name to a cell on your sheet1Master sheet,
and on that sheet, you can set the name criteria for all sheets, and sum the
sums.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Phil" wrote:

I'm trying to use one sumif formula to capture YTD personel info from

several
tabs (Jan-Dec) within a workbook with no success. The criteria is the
personel name. Because people come and go from the company the data

can't
simply be pulled from the same cell from the different tabs.

Currently, I'm
adding a sumif (Jan) + sumif (Feb) + etc to be able to achieve my

objective.
There's gotta be a better way! Any suggestions? Thanks.

phil

How to use SUMIF to return sums between two values located in cells ScottBerger Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 23rd 23 09:05 PM
SUMIF Ferg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 28th 06 03:37 AM
Embedding a Sumif in a sumif C.Pflugrath Excel Worksheet Functions 5 August 31st 05 07:31 PM
SUMIF with Mutiple Ranges & Criteria PokerZan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 August 4th 05 10:31 PM
SUMIF - Range name to used for the "sum_range" portion of a SUMIF function Oscar Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 11th 05 11:01 PM